Fired up on a Monday
Technically it’s a Tuesday now, but who cares? You know there’s nothing better than getting back into the swing of things, getting back on the proverbial horse. For me, a student whose future career depends on what I do now, it is a relieving time. Once you’ve managed to overcome the tyranny of an idle mind you really do feel unstoppable, at least on paper anyway.
I admit, this is feeling like a rambling post already. I’m blogging for the sake of blogging, you say? Perhaps, but with good reason. Preparations are underway to reveal the Cyclone project to my lecturers, the culmination of my professional experience: As opposed to embarking on a painstaking search for potentially monotonous work experience placements in obscure companies I decided to make my own, more or less.
Cyclone is a beta-test for a collection of projects that I have rambled on about ominously for the past two years, the fundamentals behind it are simple – by establishing a platform for creatives to come together and work under I address the ‘it’s who you know’ issue, allowing me to source talent and resources for future endeavors, whilst networking with like-minded individuals. Obviously that’s pretty thinking pretty big, so for now it’s taking a more humble form, promotions and publicity. By offering professional services free of charge, we have already made valuable connections and job offers (I say we because Cyclone gained a team in the process!). You may remember a long time ago, I mentioned ‘EnterSaturation’, well this is what it’s become.
There will be more information about this entity to come, I intend to bore you all about it, but for now I must continue back-dating it’s history onto a devoted Cyclone blog. In the meantime, check us out on facebook. Give us a like and stay in the loop, it would be hugely appreciated! 🙂
About CVCLNERecently graduated from Coventry University BaHons First-Class Media & Communications Complete with a year of studies overseas (Karlstads Universitet, Sweden) Experienced content creator, videography, photography & graphics. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org Ask for a digital copy of my portfolio!
Get straight to the point
Second Year Related
WunderKammer (Cabinet of Curiosities)
- Welcome! (Trailer)
- 1 – The favourite film
- 2 – AVATAR – a new age of money burning Hollywood hits a cinema near you! Again, and again & again.
- 3 – Kerrang Magazine; for better or for worse….
- 4 – That looks fun….
- 5 – ‘Racial Advert’
- 6 – Neil Blomkamp’s short films
- 7 – Vimeo, the number one source of genius and inspiration.
- 8 – Tool Music Videos…. Even if I did understand what was going on… No, scrap that. They’d still freak me out.
- 9 – ‘Deviant Art’. Top quality photography, drawings and literature submitted by people like me and you.
- 10 – Slice the Pie, don’t mind if I do!
- 11 – Vjing, Disc Jockeys have a new dimension to work with
- 12 – Age of the Gibs, “We’ve been dismembering bodies and numbing minds since quake 2!”
- 13 – Dead man’s shoes; the advantages of being a poor country…
- 14 – I love it, I hate it. Welcome to YouTube
- 15 – “Taste that? that’s a pop sensation, thanks MTV”
- 16 – Zombies. Freakin’ zombies man…
- 17 – Mexican cinema; defying all stereotype.
- 18 – Craig Benzine. The waiter, the beard, and the internet inspiration.
- 19 – Magicians of YouTube, watch them march on Hollywood.
- 20 – Pokemon!
- 21 – Growing up with video games.
- 22 – Personal Heroes
- 23 – The internet anomaly.
- 24 – News time!
- 25 – Advertisers, watch as they prey on your children…
- 26 – The Social networking phenomena: Hail me! I am your new king! and my name is FACEBOOK!
- 27 – The COD fixation; it’s the new opiate of the masses.
- 28 – Contemporary reality television, the Antichrist of culture.
- 29 – British television, entertaining a country with humour only we’d understand for decades.
- 30 – Blogging and Vlogging, putting your stamp on the internet.
- 31 – Zed Nelson
- 32 – National Geographic
- 33 – ‘Metropolis’ – A vision of Anime
- 34 – ‘Blue’ The spirit of Tool lives on, and it’s even creepier than ever.
- 35 – ‘Omegle’, ground breaking social experiment? or perverse communication?
- 36 – Max Brooks. Nerdy writing genius!
- 37 – Martian Gothic. The scariest game I have ever played
- 38 – Band of Brothers; guns, actors and character development.
- 39 – Should we be afraid? Predictions, fear campaigns and religious hullabaloo
- 40 – The fave’s playlist
- 41 – The Host, for those of you who didn’t know- it’s awesome!
- 42 – ‘Supersize me’
- 43 – MMO culture
- 44 – Info Wars – the truth you didn’t want to hear…
- 45 – I-Dose. The new digital high?
- 46 – Christian rock, not what you think!
- 47 – Black Mirror, dystopian drama.
- 48 – The Jeremy Kyle Show, weeping for humanity has never been easier.
- 49 – Troll Comics, the ‘Rage’ craze, Memes and badly drawn hilarities.
- 50 – Minecraft, a digital phenomenon becomes a digital culture.
- 51 – Romantically Apocalyptic, who thought nuclear winter could be so awesome?
- 52 – ModDB, you’ll never buy an expansion pack again.
- 53 – Brave New World, a harrowing parable of humanity
- 54 – ‘Recovered Footage’ films, sort of like Marmite for your eyes.
- 55 – Three Little Pigs
- 56 – The unholy power of the television series.
- 57 – Halo, a gaming career of distinction.
- 58 – Tom Fischbach’s TwoKinds
- 59 – J-culture, an enchanting obsession.